The Philippine College of Optometrists is the leading peer recognition body in the Philippines dedicated to global excellence in education, practice, and research in the field of vision science.
Founding Date: 1998
PCO was established in October 1998 primarily to promote the advancement of optometry as a science and a profession; and to promote excellence by developing the highest level of competence among optometrists.
In order to achieve our Vision, our Mission is to:
• Develop educational programs and opportunities for optometric practitioners, educators, researchers, and students;
• Develop research capabilities in the field of vision science at par with international standards;
• Accredit clinical residencies, fellowships and research programs in optometry;
• Certify individuals who have attained the highest level of competence required for fellows and diplomates; and
• Develop the highest ethical and professional standards of conduct among the various sectors of eye care.
• Fellowship Certification
• Diplomate Certification
• Accreditation of Clinical Residency Program
• Accreditation of Clinical Fellowship Program
• Annual Meetings
• PCO Forum in Luzon, Cebu and Davao
• PCO Workshops
• PCO Courses in Optometric Specialties
• Faculty Development Training
• Exhibits of Optometric Products and Services